Monday, June 2, 2008

Overtime, Revival and the Green Monster

So my faithful friend has reminded me that it's once again time to update this site. Funny thing, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm thinking that I'll have more time to rant and rave and ramble since I've made a new decision....no more working at home, no more overtime. My boss and her manager have both stated that it's impossible to get everything done, so I've decided that I am going to stop trying to finish everything at work, and actually finish something at home. My dishes are done, my laundry is caught up, my scrapbook for my Israel 2005 trip is starting to get done. I have more time with my husband, and I'm working out, getting healthy and SLEEPING! So this is what it feels like to have a "normal" job. Amazingly enough, I'm still getting the same amount, if not more, done during my day. God is so faithful to honor obedience. I'm happier, my husband is happier, and I'm guessing that God is happier (you'd have to ask Him to verify this, though).

Speaking of a happy God, one of my favorite sayings is that "God is always in a good mood". He is good, ALL the time, not just some of the time. His very being, His glory is goodness, and He doesn't change, regardless of the circumstances. Our pastor has been talking a lot about this, and the more I meditate on it, the more it's truth sinks down into my heart.

Have you heard about the outpouring in Florida? Now, I realize that there are many suspicions about "outpourings" and a lot of people who will try to disprove that all of these "wonders" are actually of GOD, and I've had my questions. How many times have we seen men and women of God fall, thus seemingly discounting everything that happened as a result of their ministries? And to be honest, I kinda wondered about this "movement". It's now on day 62, and I've been listening and watching it on God.tv (online- great site, you should check it out - it's FREE!). I wondered if this will be just another "revival" that lasts for a brief period of time, giving Holy Ghostbumps, but producing no change in the status quo. Then God really started to convict my spirit. You see, it's not about how long it lasts, or what it looks like, or who's leading it. It's about recognizing God and being where He is. Our pastor was talking about worship yesterday, and he said "it's not about what you like, but about what HE likes". It's the same thing with these types of services. I may not be comfortable with people yelling, or speaking in tongues, or shaking, rattling, rolling, dancing, singing, shouting, etc, etc, etc, but what if I'm limiting what God wants to do in my life? Am I like Michal, David's wife, who scorns the move of God, and therefore becomes barren in my life? Or will I abandon everything in me to worship God and serve Him with everything in me, even if it means dancing all over the place? I don't want to be like the people of Israel, waiting at the bottom of the mountain because I am scared of the presence of God. I want to be Moses, walking into the fiery presence of God, where I can talk to Him face to face as a friend. I don't care what people think. I don't care if it's not "normal" or "non-traditional". Jesus was "out there" too, and if He's my example, I'd better be about my Father's business. All of this to say, I want MORE. There is more to God and I want to know Him, more and more every day, and I will do whatever it takes to meet Him, every day, everywhere.

Now that I'm talking about God, I don't want to bring up the Green Monster...that will just have to be a teaser for the next episode. All I know is that in His presence, there is nothing else.
Let's go deeper....will you come with me?