Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Green Monster Revealed....

I think that realistically we all have one, a little green monster, I mean. Some of us may have more than one (Yikes!). It rears its ugly head in many different ways for each individual. For some it's a look of longing. For others it's a quiet resentment brooding deep inside. Still others lash out at loved ones in anger. It thrives on unmet expectations and the word "unfair".
For me, it shows up with the age old question "why". Why is it that "she" is pregnant and doesn't even want a baby. Why am I stuck in this job? Why can't I get a pedicure? Why can't I go to Europe? Me, Me, Me, Me, Me.....
Have you identified the monster? Do you struggle with the same thing?
Maybe I'm the only one....
Lord, help me see You as the only thing I need. May I crave You more than any earthly thing. May I find my place and my peace in You. Let everything else disappear in the glorious light of who You are....

1 comment:

Amy E. said...

AMne!! and you are not alone. I too have a little green monster. Mine.."why does that promotion not come..so that I can stay home?"!!

thanks for your friendship.
love you